EmpowerLA’s recent SlideShare posting of the “2012 Budget Day Presentation” went viral, prompting SlideShare to notify EmpowerLA that the PowerPoint deck “is being talked about on Facebook more than anything else on SlideShare right now.”
EmpowerLA’s SlideShare page picked up followers from around the world as a result of being featured on the SlideShare homepage (in the “Hot on Facebook” section).
As the SlideShare team said “That’s smoking hot!”
SlideShare is the world’s largest community for sharing presentations, documents, PDFs, videos, and webinars.
EmpowerLA uses SlideShare for documents that include election manuals and materials, Neighborhood Council bylaws, and presentations such as the CAO’s PowerPoint from the Community Budget Day.
- Sharing documents on SlideShare allows EmpowerLA to embed links that remain constant, even as documents are updated and replaced.
- Files on SlideShare are content searchable which is a huge improvement over pdf links which aren’t searchable.
- SlideShare also provides the blind audience an opportunity to search for documents and to have them read which is impossible with the traditional pdf link and download strategy.
- SlideShare lets people view and read documents without downloading to your harddrive.
- SlideShare documents are quickly shareable on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- SlideShare gets an estimated 58 million unique visitors a month, and has about 16 million registered users.
- SlideShare was voted the World’s Top 10 tools for education & e-learning in 2010.
- Some of the notable users of SlideShare include The White House, NASA, World Economic Forum, State of Utah, O’Reilly Media, Hewlett Packard and IBM.
EmpowerLA complements its SlideShare strategy with traditional pdf links, allowing the audience to choose the format that best suits their style and their needs.