Cats are COOL and we can prove it!
Los Angeles, CA, June 10, 2016 – June is Adopt-a-Shelter Cat Month. Cats adopted from any of our six Los Angeles City Animal Shelters are vaccinated, microchipped, and spayed or neutered. PLUS adoption fees for cats four months and older are 100% underwritten by an ASPCA grant. Adoption fees for kittens are reduced to $50.50 every weekend through the end of June.
Cats are COOL and we can prove it.
- You don’t have to take cats for a walk (unless you want to). They use a litterbox.
- Cats don’t require expensive toys. Throw a balled up piece of paper or open a paper bag and let your cat entertain you.
- Cats don’t need a bath. They bathe themselves.
- Cats can relieve stress with their soft purr and snuggles.
- Cats are the new dog! That’s right. You can clicker train cats or even teach them tricks including doing agility just like dogs.
- Cats can stay home alone while you are at work. We do recommend two cats so they have a feline companion.
- Exercise buffs, want to strengthen your abs? Okay, then a cat is the answer. Just purchase 40 pound containers of cat litter and don’t stop by just lifting it into the cart and then the car. Do a few extra lifts and you’ll be amazed at what a difference it will make in your core!
“Please visit any of our six LA City Animal Shelters and meet some of our fabulous felines,” says Brenda Barnette, General Manager of LA Animal Services. “We have large variety of wonderful cats in all sizes and colors. We offer playful kittens, mellow adults cats, social butterflies and even wall flowers who are anxious to meet you. Stop by soon and take a chance on falling in love with your new furry family member.”
To view some of our adoptable cats and to find your closest City animal shelter, please visit LAAnimalSerivces.com.