The older adult population (65 years and above) in the Los Angeles region will double between 2010 and 2030, from approximately 1.1 million to more than 2.2 million people. To prepare our region for this dramatic demographic shift, the County and City of Los Angeles launched Purposeful Aging Los Angeles (PALA), a landmark initiative that unites public and private resources, ideas and strategies.
The goal is to change the future of aging in the Los Angeles Region by creating an area that is more age friendly, allowing people to age in place and in community. You can help do that by distributing the PALA Survey throughout the County and City of Los Angeles from mid-August to mid-September, 2017.
We need your help to ensure this survey reaches every community in the Los Angeles region. It is available in 10 languages at PurposefulAgingLA.com, the confidential PALA Survey takes about 20 minutes to complete and can be filled out by anyone 18 years of age or older who resides in the County or City of Los Angeles.
A Toolkit is available at PurposefulAgingLA.com to make it easy for you to distribute information about the survey through your social media accounts, websites, newsletters and listservs. For partners whose constituencies do not have access to the Internet or prefer to complete a hardcopy of the survey, they provided a PALA Survey Flier and Postcard, as well as PDFs of the PALA Survey, FAQs and a Survey Cover Letter in 10 languages.
Please consider assisting in the following ways:
· Posting the website banner graphics on your website and in your email signatures and link it to PurposefulAgingLA.com
· Posting the Sample Social Media Messages on your social media and link to PurposefulAgingLA.com
· Including the suggested language in your newsletters and listservs and link to PurposefulAgingLA.com
· Distributing the Purposeful Aging flyer and postcards to LA County residents
· Administering hard copies of the survey at your offices or events.
Thank you for helping us ensure this survey reaches every community in the County and City of Los Angeles. Should you have any questions regarding use of the Toolkit, please contact Joel Diaz at email@example.com.