Los Feliz Neighborhood Council celebrates a 2013
A huge thank you to all the volunteers who made the inaugural year of our Council Day of Service a success!
Collectively we logged well over 200 volunteer service hours. We made fantastic new friends and had a blast making Los Feliz an even better place.
Here’s a look back at 2013. Because of YOU, this year we:
- Planted flowers and landscaped the front of TS King Middle School [see pictures]
- Cleaned & removed graffiti on the historic Los Feliz Heights Steps leading to Griffith Park [see pictures]
- Planted 10 new trees along neighborhood streets & in front of Franklin Avenue Elementary [see pictures]
- Helped green & revitalize the area around the Los Feliz Post Office [see pictures]
- Cleaned & weeded at the Hoover Steps [see pictures]
- Collected over a 100 pounds of food items for Our Mother of Good Counsel’s food pantry [see pictures]
For December, we encourage you to look inside our neighborhood and beyond to help those who are less fortunate this holiday. Just a few of the many organizations to consider are (click each for more info): Hollywood Food Pantry, Midnight Mission, Food on Foot, LA Regional Food Bank, Children’s Hospital LA.
Then in January our regular Day of Service will return on the 3rd Saturday of every month. Mark your calendar!
Have a safe & happy holiday season, and look for more volunteer events in 2014. We want you to be a part of it!