In order to start effectively measuring the impact of the Neighborhood Council system, the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (Department) collaborated with Neighborhood Councils last year to submit strategic plans and budgets for Fiscal Year 2013-2014. These plans and budgets were posted online on your Neighborhood Council’s webpage on www.EmpowerLA.org. The Neighborhood Council Budget Package for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 is designed to assist your Neighborhood Council in measuring your work last fiscal year and to help your Neighborhood Council plan for another year of growth and success. The Department has changed some of the documents to accommodate the new Neighborhood Council checking account system and the City’s focus on performance budgeting and metrics under Mayor Eric Garcetti’s leadership.
Your Neighborhood Council Budget Package for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 must be reviewed and approved by the board and submitted to the Department online by Monday, September 1, 2014. After this date, your Neighborhood Council funding may be suspended.
Neighborhood Council Budget Package
for Fiscal Year 2014-2015
1. Neighborhood Council Self-Assessment for Fiscal Year 2013-2014 (pdf) – Summarizes how your Neighborhood Council performed last year based on your strategic plan and shows the board what worked and what didn’t so the board can learn and improve. This information will be helpful in developing the strategic plan for next year.
2. Neighborhood Council Strategic Plan for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 (pdf) – Your Neighborhood Council’s strategic plan for this year with an added focus on outreach and specific, measurable and meaningful performance metrics.
3. Neighborhood Council Outreach Survey for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 (pdf) – Your Neighborhood Council’s current outreach survey, which lists the Neighborhood Council outreach tools, is posted on the Neighborhood Council’s webpage (find it on EmpowerLA.org/Councils). Please provide any updates as necessary.
4. Neighborhood Council Budget for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 (els) – Your Neighborhood Council’s budget allocations should align with the goals of identified in the strategic plan for the year. A new change on the budget template is to include your Neighborhood Council’s monthly recurring expenditures so that the Department can ensure timely transfer of funds to your checking accounts each month to cover these expenses.
5. Neighborhood Council Board Vote Form (pdf) – Your Neighborhood Council’s Budget Package for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 must be accompanied by the Neighborhood Council Board Vote Form showing that the board members approved the entire package.
Thank you for taking the time to plan for the success and growth of not only your Neighborhood Council, but also the entire Neighborhood Council system. If you need assistance completing the Neighborhood Council Budget Package, please contact the Neighborhood Council Support Helpline at NCSupport@lacity.org or(213) 978-1551.
Thank you for all you do to EmpowerLA!
(all submissions must be completed online)