Dear Community Youth Leaders,
We would like to share this exciting opportunity with you. City of Los Angeles Councilwoman Nury Martinez of the 6th District is launching the first ever City of Los Angeles’ Young Women’s Advisory Council. It is a chance for girls and young women from across the city to come together throughout the year and advise Councilwoman Martinez on the issues that matter most to them.
Applications will be accepted through April 27, 2018.
Each applicant must:
- be a resident of the City of Los Angeles;
- be between the ages of 13-18;
- have demonstrated leadership on her school campus or in her community.
- commit to attend four meetings per year.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
All young women, including transgender women and gender
nonconforming youth, are encouraged to apply.
For more information and to apply online, visit:
To submit a letter of recommendation, please email the letter in PDF format to Policy Director, Arcelia Arce, at email@example.com.
Please reach out to our Department if you would like assistance in the application process.