Last Friday, the NCSA was privileged to join more than 500 Angelenos, including many Neighborhood Council members, for Climate Day LA, a collaborative and energizing event hosted by our friends at Climate Resolve that will yield the LA Declaration on Climate Action next week.
The Declaration will support negotiations beginning on Nov. 30 in Paris, for a new global climate agreement. This UN conference is an extraordinary opportunity for the international community to address the threat of climate change, considered by many experts to be the biggest single challenge facing humanity.
Locally, of course, climate change is already bringing dramatic changes that include wide-ranging effects on the health and welfare of Angelenos.
Please join the NCSA on Saturday, December 5, to learn the latest about climate change challenges and solutions, from the City of Light to the City of Angels, and participate in a dialogue with climate leaders.
Then, explore with us an array of actions that Neighborhood Councils can take to build climate-resilient communities in LA and secure a healthy future for our children and grandkids.
From environmental advocacy to community education and action opportunities, you’ll leave feeling inspired and prepared to make a difference in your community.
- Lauren Faber, Deputy Chief Sustainability Officer, Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
- Krista Kline, Executive Director, LA Regional Collaborative for Climate Action and Sustainability (LARC)
- Jonathan Parfrey, Executive Director, Climate Resolve
- Nancy Sutley, Chief Sustainability and Economic Development Officer, LADWP
- Has your Neighborhood Council taken on any climate advocacy, education, or action initiatives, or is there a particular climate-related concern or strategy you’d like us to address at the forum? If so, please send us a note!
- The NCSA will also be celebrating its 1st anniversary in December. Come early (12:45 pm) to enjoy a light lunch and cake with us! The program begins at 1:15 pm.This event is FREE, but space is limited. Please RSVP here.