Schedule current as of September 10, 2020***
Have you been laid off, furloughed, or had your hours reduced due to the COVID-19 outbreak? The City of Los Angeles Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD) is here to help you through this transition. Every weekday, EWDD is holding virtual orientation seminars to guide you through applying for unemployment, health insurance, and other available resources.
Seminars are free to attend with RSVP, and offered weekdays in both English and Spanish. In addition to the support you’ll get with your applications during this session, signing up also automatically adds you to EWDD’s network. That means you’ll be the first to learn about — and gain access to — other resources they offer, both now and in the future.
About these virtual “Rapid Response Orientation” seminars
These sessions are orientations for EWDD’s Rapid Response program, which supports both employees and businesses through many types of transitions.
During the seminar, EWDD will demonstrate the Unemployment Insurance Benefits process, and also review health care options and other supportive resources. Sessions last about 25-30 minutes, and there will be a Q&A session at the end of each one.
How to sign up
First, choose a day and time for the seminar that you want to attend, and RSVP using the link for the language you want below. As of October 12, 2020, the schedule is as stated below, but please note that it may be subject to change:
- 10:00am Tuesdays & Wednesdays and 1:00pm Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Register for English sessions: RSVP: Virtual Rapid Response Orientation
- NOTE- if you can’t attend on the time chosen in your RSVP, no need to re-register. Just phone in at another time. You’ll still be in the system.
- Martes 1:00pm & Jueves 10:00am
- registrarse para la sesión en español: RSVP: Orientación Virtual del Programa Rapid Response.
- NOTA: si no puede asistir a la hora elegida en su RSVP, no es necesario volver a registrarse. Simplemente llame por teléfono en otro momento. Todavía estará en el sistema.
If you’re an employer who needs these orientations in Spanish for your employees, visit https://ewddlacity.com/index.php/jobloss-covid19 for more information.
Before you attend the seminar, it will be helpful if you review the documents in the RESOURCES section below, and have them ready to look at while you are attending the session.
Once you’re ready to participate, use the link or telephone numbers below to join your session. When you first join, you will be asked for an access code – please make sure to use the access code listed below:
- Link to join seminar online / asistir a clase online
- Phone Number / Teléfono: 1 (425) 436-6260
- Access Code / Código de acceso : 787-3449
- One tap mobile: +1 425-436-6260, 7873449#
Read and download these guides to unemployment benefits. They’ll help you get the most out of the seminar, if you review them beforehand:
- FAQ regarding COVID-19 and EDD
- Rapid Response slideshow
- EWDD Rapid Response Online Resources
- Unemployment Insurance worksheet: Info needed to apply
- Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID
- Healthcare Options
- US Department of Labor: fact sheet on healthcare coverage and job loss
- US Department of Labor: employee’s guide to healthcare under COBRA
These documents, RSVP links for seminars in both English and Spanish, and an overview of the Rapid Response Virtual Orientation program may also be accessed by clicking here: https://ewddlacity.com/index.php/jobloss-covid19
by Gary De La Rosa, Human Relations Advocate, EWDD
Octaviano Rios, Neighborhood Empowerment Advocate, DONE
and Ann-Marie Holman, Public Information Officer, DONE