This Saturday September 28th is the Neighborhood Council system’s biggest event of the year, the Congress of Neighborhoods! The annual event brings over 1,000 Neighborhood Council leaders; elected officials; and staff from every City department together for a day of networking and education at LA City Hall.
The day starts early: breakfast is at 7:45 am, and Opening Session – which features a talk from Mayor Eric Garcetti and our annual “all in” group photo – is at 8:30 am. So leave plenty of time to park; go through security; get your badge; and get some food and coffee to fuel up before beginning this long but invigorating day! It takes about half an hour to get to the breakfast table, from the time you enter the garage, so please plan accordingly.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Parking Pass: parking is free at City Hall East, if you print the NC Congress parking pass and place it on your dashboard. Click here to download a parking pass (no need to print in color.) Enter garage entrance at 201 N Los Angeles St. 90012, between Temple/First. Look for the Congress signs to enter garage; after you park, follow the signs to get into City Hall.
- Business cards: bring your own cards, and make sure to ask others for theirs – with so many local leaders in one building, it’s a great place to network!
- Refillable water bottle: water will be provided at the event, courtesy of DWP. Does your NC make branded water bottles for swag? Bring a few to share with others!
- Something to take notes with: bring paper and pen or a laptop to take workshop notes
- Wear comfortable shoes: you’ll be doing a lot of walking and standing on marble floors, so comfortable footwear with a non-skid sole is ideal for Congress day
2019 CONGRESS OF NEIGHBORHOODS
Saturday, September 28th
7:45 am – 4:30 pm
Los Angeles City Hall
(enter building at 200 N Main St, 90012, just south of Temple)
For a detailed event schedule, including a list of workshops, visit http://NCCongressLA.com